Natural Remedies for Narcolepsy
Narcolepsy is a constant Neurological Disorder which is caused by the brains inability to regulate sleep cycles. At different times during the day, the patient can fall asleep at any time for anything from a few seconds up to a few minutes. The patient has little or no control over falling asleep and it can happen at the most inconvenient and embarrassing times for example, whilst driving, during a meeting or conversation or even during sex. It is thought that less than 50,000 of these persons get sufficiently diagnosed and treated. Many patients are able to lead normal lives with constant treatment. But there are some Natural Remedies for Narcolepsy. This may help in combating the severity of narcolepsy symptoms.
The National Institute of Health estimates that anywhere between 135,000 and 200,000 people in the United States have this neurological disorder, but warn that this complicated neurological condition often goes undiagnosed, or is only misdiagnosed and that the estimation of cases may be significantly higher.
Causes of Narcolepsy
Narcolepsy can cause you to suddenly fall sound asleep in the midst of performing your activities of everyday living. You may also find yourself really tired throughout the day and longing simply to close your eyes, if but just for a moment.
Many theories as to the Causes of Narcolepsy exist, and yet researchers still remain united that a definitive cause has not been identified.
Many theories as to the cause exist, and yet researchers still remain united that a definitive cause has not been identified.
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Low levels of histamine in the blood
- Certain brain injuries including tumors, stroke and trauma
- Previous exposure to the H1N1 virus
- Autoimmune disorders like rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, or celiac disease
- Women are more likely than men to develop narcolepsy
- Heredity Up to 10 percent of people may inherit a gene that affects hypocretin
- Exposure to certain environmental toxins like heavy metals, pesticides, weeds killers and smoke
Home Remedies for Narcolepsy
Natural Remedies for Narcolepsy are used either together with an herbal treatment or as another option and will offer a cure with no side effects to the patients that don’t like the idea of chemical treatment. The main goals of the Home Remedies for Narcolepsy are to reduce the symptoms and to improve the physical condition but also the mental state of the patient.
Improve your overall immunity by taking the essential vitamins and supplements such as vitamins A, C, D, and E.
To get better memory, mood and energy, increasing consumption of vitamin B12 foods or adding a high-quality supplement is essential.
Valerian root Herbs for Narcolepsy can be had in the form of a capsule before bedtime. This root helps regularize sleep cycles and encourages deeper sleep at night.
Lemon Balm Tea
Natural Treatment for Narcolepsy drink a cup of lemon balm tea before sleeping to help you sleep well and feel more rested when you get up in the morning.
Take kola nut supplements upon waking every morning. This natural herb works as a stimulant and prevents daytime sleepiness.
Dietary Changes for Narcolepsy
Add a lot of low-fat cleansing foods like sea veggies and green, leafy vegetables to your daily diet
- Consume grains or foods that are high in Vitamin B Complex content, which include whole grains, brown rice, brewer’s yeast, and oats.
- For example foods include soy, turkey, meat, chicken, nuts and seeds.
- Foods like pasta, vegetables, fruits, pulses and whole grains are rich in complex carbs. They should be included in the diet at the end of the body. They encourage sleepiness and calm the body as well as the mind.
- Regular meal times and eating well before nighttime sleep and walk can also be helpful.
- Consume foods that have a high content of amino acids. Such as foods include oats, eggs, wheat germ and poultry.
Lifestyle Modifications for Narcolepsy
Lifestyle changes are good Natural Remedies for Narcolepsy.
- Making certain modifications in the lifestyle is extremely essential if you are looking to manage the narcoleptic symptoms. These steps may be beneficial:
- Stick to the rules. Fix the right time for sleeping every single day and wake up on time. Follow the schedule on weekends as well.
A short nap during the day can help grant you a refreshment after increased stress levels. Several may need a nap for a long time for reducing sleepiness.
- Exercise on a regular basis for at least for a few hours so that you have an active morning and sleep well at night without any interruptions.