Natural Remedies for Burning Mouth Syndrome
Burning Mouth Syndrome is a painful disorder and people affected by it get very irritated because of the pain that it gives. The burning sensation may affect the – tongue, gums, roof of mouth, inside the cheek and back of throat and mouth. Burning mouth syndrome is also known by other names for example burning lips syndrome, scalded mouth syndrome, burning tongue syndrome and stomatodynia and glossodynia. The exact cause of burning mouth syndrome is unclear, but there is a very strong relation between those individuals that wear poorly-fitting dentures. Treatment for burning mouth and dry syndrome is tailored specifically to the individual’s needs. Some of the simplest Natural Remedies for Burning Mouth Syndrome can really bring almost instantaneous relief to the BMS sufferer. It can help lessen the stress load while you are searching for relief from the symptoms. Some of these symptoms can be serious by drugs which create a sensation of dry mouth.
No matter what name is used, it causes severe discomfort in people who suffer from the disorder. Natural remedies for burning mouth syndrome may help to lessen the discomfort, pain, dry mouth and depression connected with burning mouth syndrome.
Treatment is challenging as no two people experience the pain or relief in the same way. You can also be able to get rid of the condition completely by following the natural remedies for burning mouth syndrome. Many people can find relief by using home remedies and Herbal Treatment for Burning Mouth Syndrome, including the following:
Home Remedies for Burning Mouth Syndrome
As well to medical treatment and prescription medicines, these self-help measures may lessen your symptoms and your mouth discomfort. There are also a number of natural remedies for burning mouth syndrome that may be done at home in order to lessen the burning sensation that the problem causes. Let us look at some Home Remedies for Burning Mouth Syndrome to get the bad taste out of the mouth due to medication.
- Drink plenty of fluids to help comfort the feeling of dry mouth, or suck on ice chips.
- Sugar-free gums will keep the mouth and tongue humid.
- Avoid acidic foods and liquids, for example tomatoes, orange juice, carbonated beverages and coffee.
- Take steps to reduce stress.
- Don’t use tobacco products.
- Avoid spicy-hot foods.
- Avoid products with cinnamon or mint.
- Try different mild or flavor-free brands of toothpaste, for example one for sensitive teeth or one without mint or cinnamon.
- Avoid alcohol and products with alcohol, as they can irritate the lining of your mouth.
If none of these natural remedies or lifestyle changes seem to help, it is advisable to visit with your primary care physician, dentist or pharmacist and discuss options in treatments for your burning or dry mouth condition. They may be able to offer advice on which treatment plan is right for you and reduce or remove your symptoms.
Lifestyle Changes Treatment
There are also some home remedies, Burning Mouth Syndrome Herbal Treatment and lifestyle changes which may prove effective in treating burning mouth and dry mouth syndrome.
If your body is deficient in vitamin B, mostly vitamin B12, it can affect the tissues in the mouth, causing a burning sensation. Upping your intake of foods rich in vitamin B can help counter the symptoms.
You can as well check with your physician about time-release vitamin B12 supplements. The time-release supplement will give your body a steady supply of the vitamin during the day to keep the symptoms in check.
- Take 3,000 to 5,000 mcg of time-release vitamin B12 supplements one time a day.
- You can also eat food rich in B12, such as liver, fish, eggs, meat, cheese and seafood.
Honey has soothing and antibacterial properties that can help soothe the burning sensation and lessen pain.
- Apply a teaspoon of raw organic honey on your tongue.
- Allow it to sit for some minutes before rinsing off with cool water.
- Do this three time a day.
Stress Relieving Activities
Stress, depression and anxiety are not only risk factors for burning mouth syndrome, but as well are common after diagnosis and for a good reason. Constant discomfort and pain take a dramatic toll on your psyche and overall mental health. Participating in regular aerobic exercise and activities.
According to a study, zinc deficiency has been connected to burning mouth syndrome. 276 patients with burning mouth syndrome were given 14.1 mg zinc supplement per day, and as a result, there was a reduction in pain.
- Consume foods rich in zinc like pumpkin seeds, grass-fed beef, cashews, cocoa powder, yogurt, chickpeas etc.
Different foods can work as triggers that worsen burning mouth syndrome. It is important to rev up your diet and also keep a check on which foods trigger or worsen the symptoms.
- You can follow a few basic dos and don’ts to help lessen the condition. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables, foods that are rich in iron to reduce symptoms and possibly get rid of burning mouth syndrome.
You may be able to lessen the discomfort from burning mouth syndrome or stop your discomfort from getting worse.
- Avoid acidic foods, like citrus fruits.
- Sucking on ice chips.
- Avoid acidic foods and liquids like tomatoes, orange juice, soft drinks and coffee.
- Avoid cinnamon/ mint, spicy-hot foods and tobacco products.
- Change your toothpaste brand.
- Lessen the feeling of dry mouth by drinking more fluids.
- Lessen your stress levels.
- Practice Yoga exercises for relaxation.
Tips that can help those that suffer from Burning Mouth Syndrome to get some relief include drinking small sips of water frequently. You can also suck on chips of ice or chew sugarless gum. Make sure to avoid hot or spicy foods and particularly avoid mouthwashes that contain high levels of alcohol. Teeth or dentures should be brushed carefully with baking soda and water. Herbal supplements offered by Herbs Solutions By Nature can help correct deficiencies and stop other certain medications during natural remedies. While it is ideal to try to correct the underlying problem, it may only be possible to lessen the symptoms.