10 Best Home Remedies for Scleroderma
Home Remedies for Scleroderma
Scleroderma is a skin affliction that causes the skin to harden and thicken, and it may affect the connective tissues as well. The connective tissues are the fibers running between the skin and the internal organs. The type of Scleroderma that affects the skin is known as localized Scleroderma, and the one that affects the skin, as well as the blood vessels and internal organs is known as systemic Scleroderma. Systemic Scleroderma is probably more dangerous as it can affect the heart and lungs. The localized type, also known as Morphea is significantly oval in shape and manifests as thickened skin patches with a purple border and a white spot in the center. There are several effective home remedies for Scleroderma that offer relief.
Scleroderma Causes and Symptoms
Causes: It is an autoimmune disease with no definite cause ascribed
Symptoms: Hardened and thickened skin, Raynaud’s phenomenon, ulcers on fingertips, red spots on the face and chest
Natural Remedies for Scleroderma
Scleroderma affects the skin and can cause intense pain and swell as well. There are several effective home remedies and Natural Treatment for Scleroderma that can give good relief, and here are the 10 best:
- Take a fresh lemon and cut in two halves. Squeeze out the juice and collect it in a small container. Mix a teaspoon of pure honey. Apply the lemon juice directly on the affected parts.
- Let it sit for a couple of hours. Wash with cool water and dab dry. Repeat the process two to three times daily for a week or so.
Lemon juice is probably one of the easiest and most efficient home remedies for Scleroderma. It is loaded with Vitamin C and acts as a natural antioxidant and helps in flushing out the free radicals present in the system. Applying fresh lemon juice helps soften the hardened patch of skin that is manifested in a Scleroderma infection. Honey acts as a protective coating. Moreover honey is a natural emollient that helps the skin regain its original texture. Lemon juice is one of the best home remedies for Scleroderma.
While lemon juice does not cause any adverse side effects when applied topically, it can cause skin irritation and a burning sensation on sensitive skin.
- Take two teaspoons of pure Turmeric. Sprinkle some water to make a thin paste.
- Use a cotton ball to apply this paste on the affected areas.
- Let it sit for 2 to 3 hours. Wash with cool water and dab dry.
- Repeat the process twice daily for a week or so.
Turmeric is a natural antiseptic that also has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. Turmeric is good at flushing the free radicals from the body. It helps in soothing the pain caused by Scleroderma infection and hastens the healing process. Moreover, Turmeric also has anti-inflammatory properties and helps in containing the inflammation and gives good relief. Turmeric gives the best answer to the question “how to treat Scleroderma at home?”
Turmeric is a natural spice with medicinal properties that does not cause any adverse side effects and is safe to use.
- Take two Fish oil soft gel tablets. Wash them down with a glass of warm water.
- Continue the process twice daily for a couple of weeks.
Fish oil (Cod Liver, Shark liver, etc.) is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids that do a whole lot of good for the system. Fish oil is rich in antioxidant properties and helps boost the immune system and also helps in flushing out the free radicals present in the body. The antioxidants assist in fighting the microbes as and contribute to maintaining a healthy immune system. Fish oil is one of the best home remedies for Scleroderma.
Fish oil does not cause any adverse side effects and is safe to use. However, fish oil can smell a lot and leave you with smelly breath for almost the entire day.
- Take two fingers of fresh Ginger. Wash, peel and dice the Ginger to small pieces (or grate it).
- Boil a glass of water in a small bowl. Add the Ginger pieces and steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain and add a teaspoon of pure honey. Drink the ginger tea while it is hot.
Ginger is a natural herb that has some amazing medicinal properties. It is used extensively in the Ayurvedic system of medicine for treating stomach problems and for curing indigestion, constipation, flatulence, heartburn, etc. As Scleroderma can lead to most of the problems above, ginger helps in neutralizing the effects of Scleroderma and helps in speeding up the healing process. It is an excellent antioxidant that boosts the immune system, and it also has anti-inflammatory properties that assist in containing the inflammation and gives immediate relief from the pain as well. Ginger is one of the best home remedies for Scleroderma.
While ginger does not cause any adverse side effects, it is not recommended for people with a peptic ulcers as it can aggravate the situation and cause irritation and a burning sensation in the stomach.
- Take a bunch of fresh spinach leaves. Wash, and half-boil the leaves by sprinkling some water. Grind the Spinach into a juice.
- Drink this Spinach juice daily for a week or so. You may also add Spinach to salads and eat daily.
Spinach is one of the best natural foods that help in boosting the immune system, and it also helps in flushing out the free radicals present in the body. Spinach has excellent antioxidant properties and is a great anti-inflammatory agent as well. It is rich in iron, phosphorus, Vitamin E, and folate and can give energy to the cells directly. Spinach is one of the best home remedies for Scleroderma.
Spinach does not cause any adverse side effects and is safe to use. Do not add salt to Spinach juice as it contains salt naturally, and could trigger the blood pressure for people suffering from hypertension.
- Take 2-3 servings of Cottage Cheese.
- Consume it on a daily basis. Or it can be added to cheese salads and consumed.
Cottage cheese, known as Paneer in India is a very rich source of sulfur. It is also very rich in Vitamin A and D and other trace elements like iron, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium, potassium, selenium and zinc. Cottage cheese helps in the metabolic activities in the body, thanks to the rich content of B complex Vitamins including B12, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, thiamin, folate, and niacin. It give the perfect answer to the question “how to treat Scleroderma at home?”
Cottage cheese does not cause any adverse side effects. However, as it is packed with calories, weight watchers need to be cautious and consume small quantities of cottage cheese.
Vitamin D Supplements
- Take two to three Vitamin D supplement capsules. Consume these capsules on a daily basis.
- Continue the course for a couple of weeks. Expose your body to sunlight for an hour or so daily. For sensitive skin, do use sunscreen lotion.
Vitamin D supplementation is vital for fighting Scleroderma infection. Studies have proved that the insufficiency of Vitamin D can lead to attacks of Scleroderma infection; hence a high dose of Vitamin D is required to offset the deficiency. Apart from taking supplements in the form of capsules, exposure to sunlight which is the best natural source of Vitamin D helps a great deal. However, do use some sunscreen lotion if you have sensitive skin lest it leads to sunburn. Vitamin D supplement is one of the best home remedies for Scleroderma.
Vitamin D supplements do not cause any adverse side effects. However, exposing skin to direct sunlight for people with sensitive skin can cause sunburn; hence proper precautions (sunscreen lotion) need to be taken.
Vitamin E Oil
- Take 1-2 teaspoons of Vitamin E skin oil. Apply it on the affected parts.
- Allow it to sit for a couple of hours. Wash with cool water and dab dry.
- Repeat the process twice daily for a week or 10 days.
Applying Vitamin E skin oil on the affected parts helps get relief from the irritation and pain caused by Scleroderma infection. Applying the oil topically helps in speeding up the healing process as Vitamin E oil nourishes the skin and helps in fighting the infection that may be caused due to the formation of digital ulcers in the body. Moreover, Vitamin E oil has antifibrotic properties that prevent the building up of excess tissue. Vitamin E oil supplement is one of the best home remedies for Scleroderma.
Applying Vitamin E oil supplement on the skin topically does not cause any adverse side effects and is quite safe and healthy for the skin.
- Take two large onions. Wash, peel and extract the juice.
- Apply the juice on the affected areas. Let it sit for a couple of hours.
- Wash with cool water and dab dry. Continue the process daily for a week or 10 days.
Onion is probably one of the easiest home remedies for Scleroderma. However, raw onion juice can leave you smelling for the whole day, which needs to be tolerated. Onion juice application on the skin topically helps soften the hardened skin due to Scleroderma. Onion is a natural antibiotic and also has anti-inflammatory properties. It is an excellent antimicrobial and has carminative properties as well. Onion is rich in sulfur, calcium, potassium, sodium and Vitamin B and C. Applying onion juice on the skin is one of the best home remedies for Scleroderma.
While applying onion juice on the skin does not cause any adverse side effects, it can leave you with a nasty smell for almost the whole day.
- Take a few cloves of fresh Garlic. Wash, peel and crush to extract the juice.
- Apply the garlic juice on the affected areas. Allow it to sit for a couple of hours.
- Wash with cool water and dab dry. Repeat the process daily for a week or 10 days.
Garlic is a natural herb that has some amazing medicinal properties. Apart from being an effective antiseptic agent, it is also an excellent antimicrobial and antifungal agent. Moreover, garlic is also an effective anti-inflammatory agent and helps in containing the inflammation caused by Scleroderma infection. Applying garlic juice topically on the skin affected by Scleroderma helps soften the hardened skin and also removes the red patches. Garlic is one of the best natural home remedies for Scleroderma.
While garlic does not cause any adverse side effects, it can cause a severe burning sensation when applied on sensitive skin. Hence, for sensitive skin, it is better to dilute garlic juice in some carrier oil like olive oil or coconut oil before applying. Garlic can cause an unpleasant smell that lingers almost the whole day.
See a Doctor Immediately if
- You experience breathlessness or any difficulty in breathing
- There is angina or pain on the left side of the chest or shoulder
- There are severe itching and pain that does not subside with medication
Resource Link: https://www.livealittlelonger.com/home-remedies-for-scleroderma/
Leave a Comment