What is Tinea Versicolor?
Tinea Versicolor is also called Pityriasis Versicolor and is a constant, long term fungal skin infection that causes discolored, rough patches of skin on the body and can affect people of all races and ages. These sometimes itchy, patches are circular and can be pink, red, white or brown depending on your skin tone and are usually found on the chest, stomach, back, arms and legs. Tinea Versicolor is not contagious but it is a common and reoccurring topical yeast infection, particularly in hot climates and is complicated to get rid of unless it is treated properly. A dermatologist can diagnose it by a visual exam, scraping a sample of it or using a particular light to see the color of the infected skin.
Even though any person can get tinea versicolor, it is mostly often found in tropical or subtropical areas; an individual who lives elsewhere but visits one of these areas may come into contact with the yeast and build up the rash as a result. The rash can happen anywhere on the skin, including the penis. Different most rashes, on the other hand, tinea versicolor can change form.
When Tinea Versicolor first appears, it tends to be spots that may be white, tan, pink or brown. They are normally scaly and dry, and almost forever bring about an itchy situation. When the yeast develops, the spots develop, and one spot may "melt" into another, creating larger spots. Very often the spots can become quite light colored, so that an individual may have a hard time detecting the rash - but this does not reduce the urge to scratch.
When the skin is exposed to sunlight and start to tan, the yeast absorbs the light and stops it from reaching the skin beneath - thus it may appear like a person has patches of lighter and darker skin. (This is less often an issue when the rash is on the penis, though for naturists or people who use sunlamps for nude tanning, it can absolutely become an issue.)
Symptoms of Tinea Versicolor
The common symptoms of tinea versicolor are scaley, round patches of discolored skin that may or may not itch, depending on the severity of the infection. I have fight Tinea Versicolor for a few years and find it to be very itchy when I get hot, so keep away from getting overly warm as much as possible. It has forever been on my stomach, chest, arms and legs but it can spread to further areas if left untreated and those spots will not tan when you go into the sun as long as the infection is present.
The main symptoms of tinea versicolor discolored skin that:
- Have sharp borders (edges) and fine scales
- Is often dark reddish-tan in color?
- Are found on the back, upper arms, underarms, chest, and neck
- Do not darken in the sun so may appear lighter than surrounding healthy skin
- African Americans may have a loss of skin color hyperpigmentation or enhance in skin color (hyperpigmentation).
Other symptoms include:
- Increased sweating
There are also different other connected conditions which have overlapping symptoms and are often confused with Tinea versicolor. For instance, vitiligo is generally mistaken for Tinea versicolor. However, there are several differentiating factors between the two –
- The affected person skin texture is not affected by vitiligo
- Appearance of vitiligo is generally on the fingers, armpits, eyes, mouth, wrists or groin
- Usually, symmetrical patches are formed by tinea versicolor
The difference lies in the fact that the rash is often preceded by a lone red patch of scaly skin, termed as the ‘herald patch’. This appears a few days or weeks prior to the appearance of rash. The symptoms of tinea versicolor may look like other skin conditions. Always talk with your healthcare provider for a diagnosis.
Causes of Tinea Versicolor
No one actually knows the exact causes of tinea versicolor this skin infection when they get it but there are suspected causes such as, a compromised immune system, a diet high in sugar and carbohydrates, too much yeast on the skin surface, sweating, oily skin, hormonal imbalances and hot, humid conditions. Certain factors, as stated below, might favour and help the growth of the yeast on the skin:
There are two species of Malassezia that are known to be causes for tinea versicolor. These are the Malassezia globosa fungi, which are responsible for the common of cases of this skin infection, and the Malassezia furfur fungus, which is responsible for a somewhat small number of cases.
- Excessive sweating
- Hot and humid weather
- A weak immune response/ immune system
- Oily skin
- Changes in the hormonal balance
The experts agree that tinea versicolor most commonly causes white or light spots on the skin, but according to the AAD the spots can also be pink, salmon, red, tan, or brown. It all depends on the person, because everyone's skin is different. Tinea versicolor affects people of all dissimilar races and skin tones, although it tends to be more visible on darker skin tones.
With proper prevention and treatment, the yeast that causes of tinea versicolor is simple to control. On the other hand, it is a condition that often returns year after year, particularly in hot climates and warm, humid weather.
Diagnosis of Tinea Versicolor
Diagnosis of tinea versicolor is based on clinical appearance and by recognition of hyphae and budding cells (“spaghetti and meatballs”) on potassium hydroxide wet accumulates of fine scale scrapings.
Doctors can usually diagnose tinea versicolor just by examine the rash. Sometimes, the doctor will use ultraviolet light which will determine if it is tinea versicolor or not. With ultraviolet light, the affected areas will show fluorescent yellow-green in color. A skin sample may also be taken for inspection under a microscope. In brood, skin cells samples can be lifted by attaching a clear tape on the affected area and then removing it. The sample will be stuck directly onto a slide for inspection under a microscope. Before your trip to your doctor, make sure to get ready your answers to questions like how long the discoloration has been present, if the symptoms are infrequent or continuous and if there are things that improve the symptoms.
Tinea versicolor is a common superficial fungal infection of the stratum corneum. Caused by the fungus Malassezia furfur, this chronically recurring disease is most common in the tropics but is also general in temperate climates. Treatments are obtainable and cure rates are high, though recurrences are common. Traditional topical agents such as selenium sulfide are effective, but recurrence following treatment with these agents is probable and often rapid. In addition, your healthcare provider may use an ultraviolet light, called a Woods Lamp, to see the patches more obviously. Moreover, your healthcare provider may do skin scrapings of the lesions to help confirm the diagnosis of tinea versicolor under the microscope or in the lab.
What do we offer?
We are offering Cloreton, an herbal supplement made out of 100% natural ingredients that are obtained from authentic herb retailers. It has been specially formulated for patients suffering from Tinea Versicolor. It is totally natural and free of synthetic chemicals. We strongly advise all Tinea Versicolor sufferers to try Cloreton. It is a powerful combination of carefully chosen potent herbs that have no side effects. Please don’t substitute your current medications with Cloreton. It is meant to only supplement your current medication protocol. If however you haven't yet started conventional medication or have become dissatisfied with the ones you are using, then you should definitely make Cloreton your top priority.
Cloreton contains the following herbs that have been combined together in precise amounts to make it a powerful formula:
- Acacia Arabica 69.06 mg
- Glycyrrhiza Glabra 34.53 mg
- Argyreia Speciosa 34.53 mg
- Aracylus Pyrethrum 27.62 mg
- Asparagus Racemosus 27.62 mg
- Bombax Malabaricum 27.62 mg
- Celastrus Paniculata 27.62 mg
- Cinnamonus Tamala 27.62 mg
- Datura Alba 27.62 mg
- Hygrophilla Spinosa 27.62 mg
- Myristica Fragrans 27.62 mg
- Tamarindus Indica 27.62 mg
- Trianthema Portulacastrum 27.62 mg
- Hyoscyamus Niger 13.81 mg
- Crocus Sativus 2.76 mg
How does it help?
Cloreton capsules contain a proprietary blend of pure and fresh herbs that together produce a synergistic effect. As it is a natural supplement it may not show results as evidently or quickly as prescription medications, but that does not mean that it does not work. If you remain patient and keep taking it regularly then it may help you in the following ways:
- It may improve the discoloration and overall appearance of the skin
- It may reduce itching
- It may control sweating
- It may improve the texture of the skin making it less scaly
- The normal dose is 2 pills each day right after a meal. Do not take more than the prescribed dose on your own.
- It can be swallowed with water or milk. Milk is preferable if you are not lactose intolerant.
- The dose should be taken at the same time each day so that you have a consistent supply of the active ingredients in your bloodstream. Any time of the day will suffice as long as it can be adhered to.
- If a dose is missed and there are more than 12 hours remaining before your next dose, then the missed dose can be taken at the time of recall. If there are less than 12 hours remaining before your next dose then you should just skip the missed dose and take the next one.
- Never take double dosages to make up for a missed dose.
- For best results no dose should ever be missed.
- You can order the Herbal Products directly from our website only.
- We do not sell the Herbal Products in stores or any other outlet under our name.
How do you select the Herbal Products you want?
- If you are reading this you are either already on the disease you are looking for or you are still finding a way to go to the desired product matching your disease.
- If you are already where you are supposed to be then go on top where you see the product picture there’s a green “add to cart button”.
Found? If yes then move to the next section “How to place an order?”
If NOT then read further…
- Go to home page; see the 8th tab (the last one) in the green row which says Search Diseases By Name.
- Click it and you have access to 60 various diseases from which you can choose the one bothering you.
- You will see the supplement name the moment you click the disease.
How to place an order?
- You see the green “add to cart” button next to the supplement name along with the quantity you require.
- Fill in the quantity, press add to cart and follow the payment process.
- You are done once you have entered your payment details, delivery address and other information required at the time of placing your order.
- Fill in all the right details and sit back to wait for your purchase to reach you.
- All your personal information and credit card or other personal details are absolutely secured by CyberSource and are off the record therefore, you can securely purchase from our website without the anxiety of losing your cash or your personal information.
Happy Shopping from Herbs Solutions By Nature and we along with our whole team wish you great health!
- Product Code: Cloreton
- Availability: In Stock