What is Folliculitis?
Folliculitis is an inflammation and infection of hair follicles; it’s generally caused by a bacterial or fungal infection. At first it may look like little red bumps or white-headed pimples around hair follicles — the tiny pockets from which each hair grows. The infection can increase and turn into non-healing, crusty sores. The condition is not life-threatening, but it can be itchy, sore and embarrassing. Harsh infections can cause permanent hair loss and scarring.
It is not acne; it is called Folliculitis, which is the inflammation of one or further hair follicles occurring anywhere on the skin. The general symptoms are a rash, itching and pimples or pustules near a hair follicle on the neck, groin or genital area.
Lots of people consider that folliculitis transpires as a result of not well health or dirtiness, but this is not factual. In fact, it is possible for extremely healthy and fit people to undergo from the complaint, and they regularly do. Although the cause is a fungal or bacterial infection, those people who think themselves relatively clean, showering frequently, can and still do suffer. The clear conclusion that can be drawn from this fact is that cleanliness does not necessarily guarantee prevention against folliculitis.
Although the condition is comparatively minor, the overall feeling of sufferers is one of common discomfort, with the connected itching and scratching maybe leading to scarring if left untreated. Various sufferers cannot escape the feelings of embarrassment and low self-esteem, the not so obvious aspects of the condition that should never be underestimated and should be handled with appropriate understanding.
Symptoms of Folliculitis
Common symptoms of folliculitis consist of itching with a rash, pimples or pustules which might crust over, these will form near the neck, axilla (armpits) and groin or gential area. A diagnosis for folliculitis is mostly based on how the skin looks. Having a lab test will show which bacteria or fungus has infected the hair follicles.
- Beard area in men
- Underarms, groin, or legs in women
- Itchiness or tenderness
- Fever and exhaustion
Generally these symptoms of folliculitis will come out within 12 to 24 hours but can be as short as 8 hours or as long as 5 days after being infected. Even though it can affect any part of your body that has hair, this pseudomonas folliculitis will typically appear on your hips, buttocks, or legs.
Individual lesions of folliculitis incorporate pus-filled bumps (pustules) centered on hair follicles. These pus-filled bumps may be pierced by an ingrown hair, can vary in size from 2–5 mm, and are frequently surrounded by a rim of pink to red, inflamed skin. Infrequently, a folliculitis lesion can erupt to form a scab on the surface of the skin.
Mild and reasonable symptoms of folliculitis are frequently tender or itchy. More severe symptoms of folliculitis, which may be deeper and may affect the whole hair follicle, may be painful.
Mild and moderate symptoms of folliculitis generally clear rapidly with treatment and leave no scars. On the other hand, more harsh cases of folliculitis may lead to complications, such as cellulitis (an infection of the deeper skin tissue), scarring, or permanent hair loss.
Causes of Folliculitis
When the folliculitis are damaged they can become infected and can become blocked by the sebum which is secreted by the gland just above each hair follicle.
Doctors sometimes prescribe antibiotics, but if the causes of folliculitis are not bacterial, the drugs can really make the problem worse. For instance, if the infection is caused by a fungus, bacteria actually help to keep the fungus under control. Causes of folliculitis can be damaged by:
- Excessive perspiration
- Friction from shaving or tight clothing
- Inflammatory skin conditions, including dermatitis and acne
- Covering your skin with plastic dressings or adhesive tape Injuries to your skin, for example abrasions or surgical wounds
- Exposure to coal tar, pitch or creosote - common among roofers, mechanics and oil workers
The fungus that causes of folliculitis athlete's foot can infect the follicles. This is generally seen on shaved areas and is sometimes referred to as "barber's itch".
Bacteria called Pseudomonas aeruginosa can live in hot tubs if they are not correctly cleaned. The follicles of the legs, hips and buttocks can develop into infected with the bacteria, particularly if clothing is worn while bathing. The clothing traps the bacteria against the skin.
Ingrown hairs can cause the inflammation. This happen most commonly in people with curly hair. The hairs curl inward, causing irritation and inflammation. Antibiotics such as those used to treat acne can cause an imbalance in the natural skin flora, leading to infection. The herpes simplex virus can moreover infect the follicles. Exposure to petroleum based oils at work can causes of folliculitis problem. Makeup and other skincare products hold petrolatum or mineral oil may be to blame for the condition.
Diagnosis of Folliculitis
Diagnosis of folliculitis condition is based on clinical, histo-pathological, microbiological, and laboratory features. Grouped follicular pustules as seen in folliculitis decalvans are not seen in common folliculitis or acne necrotica. Dissecting cellulitis can be distinguished easily as premature pustules and papule formation build up immediately into dermal nodules. In addition, folliculitis decalvans does not show the sinus area formation in histological skin biopsies, a characteristic typical of dissecting folliculitis.
Most cases of folliculitis present with a history of lesions in the beard growing region. Physical examination normally exposes erythematous lesions around the ostia of the hair follicles. Diagnosis folliculitis are almost forever clinical although laboratory tests requested consist of Gram stain, potassium hydroxide (KOH) preparation, culture for microorganisms, Tzanck smear, and skin biopsy.
Once a diagnosis of folliculitis has been made, treatments will be prescribed depending on the harshness and cause of the condition. Personal preferences and accessible skin care procedure will also be taken into account. It is also essential to look at ways to decrease the risk of reinfection, somewhat than simply concentrating on symptomatic relief or short-term eradication of infection.
Making a diagnosis of folliculitis begins with taking a thorough medical history, together with symptoms, and completing a physical examination. Folliculitis can commonly be diagnosed based on symptoms, history of hair removal or hot tub use, and a physical test. It is probable that a diagnosis of folliculitis can be missed or delayed for the reason that some symptoms, such as a skin rash are like to symptoms of other diseases of conditions. During diagnosis of folliculitis, a physician or dermatologist will generally assess whether there is a bacterial or fungal infection causing folliculitis.
More Info:Folliculitis Natural Treatment
Folliculitis Natural Treatment
The benefits of Herbal Products have been acknowledged worldwide. Herbal supplement is the most widely used form of herbal medicine all over the world although herbal supplements are classified as dietary supplements and approved by clinically test. Natural Herbal Treatment with herbal supplements is safe and effective way. Today, we will offer you a natural product for Folliculitis Natural Treatment that you can try out.
There are several Herbal Products exporters and suppliers in the market. Make sure you are selecting the exporter with due sagacity. “Felceton” Herbal Product is one of the best Herbal Supplements to treat the condition effectively. The combination of different potent Herbs for Folliculitis Natural Treatment is truly effective. It is a powerful combination of carefully chosen potent herbs that have no side effects. They can help people create treatment plans that use this product, Herbal Supplement, and lifestyle changes to promote health. So you can use this herbal product without any hesitation and doubt.
Felceton contains the following herbs that have been combined together in precise amounts to make it a powerful formula:
- African rue 43.47 mg
- Cinnabar 43.47 mg
- Cloves 43.47 mg
- Coral calcium 43.47 mg
- Cowhage 43.47 mg
- Egg Shell Calcium 43.47 mg
- Elephant Creeper 43.47 mg
- Indian Rennet 43.47 mg
- Nutmeg 43.47 mg
- Spanish chamomile 43.47 mg
- Wattle Bark 43.47 mg
How does it help?
Felceton capsules contain a proprietary blend of pure and fresh herbs that together produce a synergistic effect. As it is a natural supplement it may not show results as evidently or quickly as prescription medications, but that does not mean that it does not work. If you remain patient and keep taking it regularly then it may help you in the following ways:
- It may reduce redness
- It may sooth rashes
- It may ease itching
- It may reduce inflammation and pimples
- The normal dose is 2 pills each day right after a meal. Do not take more than the prescribed dose on your own.
- It can be swallowed with water or milk. Milk is preferable if you are not lactose intolerant.
- The dose should be taken at the same time each day so that you have a consistent supply of the active ingredients in your bloodstream. Any time of the day will suffice as long as it can be adhered to.
- If a dose is missed and there are more than 12 hours remaining before your next dose, then the missed dose can be taken at the time of recall. If there are less than 12 hours remaining before your next dose then you should just skip the missed dose and take the next one.
- Never take double dosages to make up for a missed dose.
- For best results no dose should ever be missed.
- You can order the Herbal Products directly from our website only.
- We do not sell the Herbal Products in stores or any other outlet under our name.
How do you select the Herbal Products you want?
- If you are reading this you are either already on the disease you are looking for or you are still finding a way to go to the desired product matching your disease.
- If you are already where you are supposed to be then go on top where you see the product picture there’s a green “add to cart button”.
Found? If yes then move to the next section “How to place an order?”
If NOT then read further…
- Go to home page; see the 8th tab (the last one) in the green row which says Search Diseases By Name.
- Click it and you have access to 60 various diseases from which you can choose the one bothering you.
- You will see the supplement name the moment you click the disease.
How to place an order?
- You see the green “add to cart” button next to the supplement name along with the quantity you require.
- Fill in the quantity, press add to cart and follow the payment process.
- You are done once you have entered your payment details, delivery address and other information required at the time of placing your order.
- Fill in all the right details and sit back to wait for your purchase to reach you.
- All your personal information and credit card or other personal details are absolutely secured by CyberSource and are off the record therefore, you can securely purchase from our website without the anxiety of losing your cash or your personal information.
Happy Shopping from Herbs Solutions By Nature and we along with our whole team wish you great health!