What is Melasma?
Melasma in fact can fade on its own. This is frequently the case when the causes for the melasma are pregnancy or birth control pills. By saying this, it means that if a woman delivers an infant or takes the birth control pills, melasma will appear as a result of the mentioned action. So later on when the female delivers the infant or stops taking the birth control pills, melasma can automatically lighten.
Different from the case above, various people, on the other hand, have melasma which lasts for years or even worse a lifetime. Melasma therefore can seriously affect ones outside appearance, which leaves the affected people in a very shy and depressing state. If it happens that the melasma does not go away, there are heaps of melasma treatments available out there to try.
The brown discoloration in the skin which is generally found in the areas of the cheeks, in the upper lip, chins and on the forehead is what is referred to as the Melasma. Mostly because these are the areas that are most exposed to the sun. Even though anybody can be affected by Melasma, it is most common in women during their reproductive years. It is also most common to people who belongs to the race of Asians, Hispanics, Mediterranean decent because of their darker pigmentation of the skin and extreme exposure to the sun.
Melasma generally occurs during pregnancy when there is enhance in hormonal levels. It may also happen during menopause among women. Ovarian cancer is also a general factor of Melasma. Women who also use hormonal contraceptives or undergone hormonal replacement therapy are prone to suffer from this skin disorder. In conducted studies, patients with Melasma also may suffer from a fourfold increase in thyroid disease.
Symptoms of Melasma
The main symptoms of melasma are very simple to determine which includes irregular dark patches which slowly build up over time. These dark patches cover nose, upper cheek, upper lip, lips and forehead. Apart from makeup discoloration there are no such symptoms. It generally appears in the most obvious area of the skin mostly in the centrofacial, cheekbone and the jaw line.
The symptoms of melasma will numerous times build up gradually over time. Beyond the cosmetic discoloration there are no further symptoms. Some of the cosmetic discolorations that an individual might see can include:
- Weakness, fatigue
- Nausea, probably with vomiting
- Changing the frequency and consistency of the stool
- Subfebrile body temperature
- Patches those are irregular in size and shape
- Impairment of appetite
- Are blue-grey, tan, or dark brown in color
- Malar pattern generally appears on the cheeks
- Abdominal pain
- Mandibular pattern is melasma come out in the jaw line.
- Centrofacial pattern which mostly appears on the cheekbones, forehead, nose and the upper lips
The clinical appearance of melasma is a skin patch with darker than usual skin tone and distributed in a symmetrical pattern. The borders of the skin patches are somewhat irregular and the patches generally develop in a gradual manner. Patches those are irregular in size and shapes are symptoms of melasma.
Melasma has different types which are classified according to the depth of pigmentation. This is mostly recognized through the use of a Wood lamp.
Causes of Melasma
Though the exact causes of melasma are not identified it is associated to sun exposure and is connected with the female hormones estrogen and progesterone. Researchers do not know exactly what causes this enhances in the production of melanin cells but there are various different trigger factors. Melasma in certain women disappears on its own. This happens when the cause of Melasma is birth control pills or pregnancy.
Causes of Melasma grey, brown, and tan patches on the face, particularly the cheeks, forehead, and chin. It is believed to be caused by every day sun exposure and hormonal events such as pregnancy and hormone treatments. It is a kind of hyperpigmentation that causes your body to produce too much pigment.
Some of these Melasma causes can include:
- Genetic predisposition
- Pregnancy which causes various hormonal changes
- Being on birth control pills
- Using hormone replacement therapy
- Exposing your skin to an extensive amount of sun
- Allergic effect to some cosmetics for instance those that are scented or medicine
- Can develop in association with menopause
- Having a deficiency of folic acid when pregnant
Taking or using certain medications that make your skin more sensitive to sunlight such as medications for ovarian or thyroid problems.
The most general causes of melasma getting is too much exposure to sunlight (ultraviolet rays), and the condition is often triggered during summer months. Being in the sun makes melasma more likely to develop. The problem is very common in tropical weather.
Diagnosis of Melasma
Due to the observable characteristics of melasma, diagnosing it is rather straightforward for doctors. Generally, a diagnosis of melasma can be made visually. On occasion, the doctor may order a skin biopsy to verify a diagnosis of melasma and to rule out other situation that may mimic melasma. It can also be diagnosed with the assist of a Wood’s Lamp: a black light that allows the doctor to see the existence of an overabundance of melanin in the epidermis.
Since the clinical picture is largely similar to other dermatological diseases, it may be necessary to conduct differential diagnosis in order to confirm or deny the presence of such ailments:
- Secondary hyperpigmentation
- Ryll melanosis
- Pigmentary xeroderma
- Nevi of different etiology
Based on the results of the diagnosis, the doctor can make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe the correct treatment. In some cases, an additional consultation of a gastroenterologist, endocrinologist, oncologist or other narrow specialists may be required.
Infrequently, skin biopsy may be performing to make or confirm the diagnosis of melasma. Histology differs with the type of melasma. But some degree of each of the following features is usually found.
- Melanin deposited in basal and suprabasal keratinocytes
- Highly dendritic (branched) extremely pigmented melanocytes
- Melanin in the dermis within melanophages
- Solar elastosis and elastic fibre fragmentation
The extent and severity of melasma can be explained using the Melasma Area and Severity Index (MASI). A black light or Wood's light (340-400 nm) can help in diagnosing of melasma, even though is not necessary for diagnosis of melasma. In most cases, varied melasma is diagnosed, which means the staining is due to pigment in the dermis and epidermis.
What do we offer?
We are offering Melseton , an herbal supplement made out of 100% natural ingredients that are obtained from authentic herb retailers. It has been specially formulated for patients suffering from Melasma. It is totally natural and free of synthetic chemicals. We strongly advise all Melasma sufferers to try Melseton . It is a powerful combination of carefully chosen potent herbs that have no side effects. Please don’t substitute your current medications with Melseton . It is meant to only supplement your current medication protocol. If however you haven't yet started conventional medication or have become dissatisfied with the ones you are using, then you should definitely make Melseton your top priority.
Melseton contains the following herbs that have been combined together in precise amounts to make it a powerful formula::
- Wattle Bark 116.27 mg
- Elephant Creeper 58.11 mg
- Sweet Root 58.13 mg
- Coral calcium 34.88 mg
- Iron Compound 34.88 mg
- Cloves 23.25 mg
- Indian Bay-leaf 23.25 mg
- Nutmeg 23.25 mg
- Spanish chamomile 23.25 mg
- Vermilion 23.25mg
How does it help?
Melseton capsules contain a proprietary blend of pure and fresh herbs that together produce a synergistic effect. As it is a natural supplement it may not show results as evidently or quickly as prescription medications, but that does not mean that it does not work. If you remain patient and keep taking it regularly then it may help you in the following ways:
- It may help minimize the brown spots over a period of time.
- It may, to some extent, gradually help the dark patches on the skin to fade away.
- The normal dose is 2 pills each day right after a meal. Do not take more than the prescribed dose on your own.
- It can be swallowed with water or milk. Milk is preferable if you are not lactose intolerant.
- The dose should be taken at the same time each day so that you have a consistent supply of the active ingredients in your bloodstream. Any time of the day will suffice as long as it can be adhered to.
- If a dose is missed and there are more than 12 hours remaining before your next dose, then the missed dose can be taken at the time of recall. If there are less than 12 hours remaining before your next dose then you should just skip the missed dose and take the next one.
- Never take double dosages to make up for a missed dose.
- For best results no dose should ever be missed.
- You can order the Herbal Products directly from our website only.
- We do not sell the Herbal Products in stores or any other outlet under our name.
How do you select the Herbal Products you want?
- If you are reading this you are either already on the disease you are looking for or you are still finding a way to go to the desired product matching your disease.
- If you are already where you are supposed to be then go on top where you see the product picture there’s a green “add to cart button”.
Found? If yes then move to the next section “How to place an order?”
If NOT then read further…
- Go to home page; see the 8th tab (the last one) in the green row which says Search Diseases By Name.
- Click it and you have access to 60 various diseases from which you can choose the one bothering you.
- You will see the supplement name the moment you click the disease.
How to place an order?
- You see the green “add to cart” button next to the supplement name along with the quantity you require.
- Fill in the quantity, press add to cart and follow the payment process.
- You are done once you have entered your payment details, delivery address and other information required at the time of placing your order.
- Fill in all the right details and sit back to wait for your purchase to reach you.
- All your personal information and credit card or other personal details are absolutely secured by CyberSource and are off the record therefore, you can securely purchase from our website without the anxiety of losing your cash or your personal information.
Happy Shopping from Herbs Solutions By Nature and we along with our whole team wish you great health!
- Product Code: Melseton
- Availability: In Stock